Friday, December 27, 2013

Pictures from Kenya

Our first day....

We spent a long time over breakfast, due to the presence of legos.  A new lego set will do that to a boy!  Then we went out walking, which was fine for a while, but Emerson wanted a more directed activity.  I offered up things to see downtown, eating lunch, or museums: the National Museum, Train Museum, or Snake Museum.  I thought the trains would be a shoe-in, but Emerson thought about it and set his heart on the National Museum.  "I don't want to just see a museum with one thing, like snakes or trains," he told me.  "Then what if I get tired of looking at snakes or trains?  I want to go to a museum with lots of different things, and then we can go and see different parts of the museum."  He even eschewed lunch in favor of heading over to see many new things.  So to the National Museum we went, and it lived up to his hopes.  It had many different galleries, including modern art, culture, animals, skulls, and outside areas including a circle garden, flowing (but not large) botanical gardens, and other small specific gardens.  We also had lunch.

Then we took another cab to a big mall.  I was hoping to get some of the shopping in for things that are difficult to find in Uganda.  Indeed, I found a new charger for the iPads in an actual Apple store, a soft measuring tape longer than 20 inches in an actual fabric store, and some new clothes.  That took a while, of course, but I hope I have something kind of wearable and respectable now.  I think our clothes are getting to be in as bad of shape as the locals, which I don't mind wearing to go buy bananas, but I'm beginning to feel a little silly going to the lawyer's office like that!

The specific stories are written on each photo:
Pictures in Kenya


No comments:

Post a Comment