Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Children Are Butterflies

On Sunday, the children spent all afternoon outside, playing on their own.  This was how their day wound up.  I was told to come look, and I took some pictures.  They went around and around and around the courtyard, sometimes together and sometimes veering away on their own.  Sometiwmes Buttercup followed, and sometimes she got stuck and came back to me.  When their wings got tangled, Hibiscus carefully and lovingly re-arranged them, so they could all fly together again.

  When I posted them for some friends, I was amazed at the strength of the response, and how this touched so many people, including many who said they had tears in their eyes.  The picture is captioned by someone who was able to sum up the beauty and the majesty of the moment.  The butterflies are their own description.



"That they are flying away from you with the very fabric you used to hold them close, give them love, and make them strong makes me cry. Sometimes children at play perfectly reflect the face of God if we have eyes to see..."

No comments:

Post a Comment